Some basic troubleshooting steps, when an inventory discrepancy occurs at item level:
1. Open the Take Inventory invoice and first determine which dept(s) are having an issue.
2. Then, expand the dept and identify which items are causing the discrepancy- and note the sku number(s)
3. Then, open Inventory History and search for the sku & station to research purchases and sales to determine issue. Inventory History is the best place to start the research.
Possible causes of issues:
- are you missing sales for an item?
- are you missing purchases for an item?
- do you purchase one sku, but sell under another sku and the 2 need to be assembled/linked?
- was the last audit count correct?