I'm including the link below that works and includes instructions. Please review and follow these steps:
A spot of dirt or correction fluid on the glass strip may cause poor-quality scans. Clean the inside of the scanner if a vertical line appears in the scanned data or if areas are missing in the scanned data.
Follow the steps below to clean the inside of the scanner.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Unplug the machine from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
- Remove the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) (1) while releasing the levers on the back side.
- Open the Front Cover (1).
- From the back of the machine, in the ADF unit clean the glass strips (1) (2) with a soft, lint-free cloth moistened with water.
- Pinch both sides of the Reverse Roller Cover (1) and pull the Cover down.
- To remove the Reverse Roller, grab its shaft and pull it toward you and out to the right.
- Clean the Reverse Roller with a soft, lint-free cloth slightly moistened with water.
- Slide the Reverse Roller (1) into the left opening to place it back into the machine.
- Close the Reverse Roller Cover.
- Clean the Pick Up Roller from side to side with a soft lint-free cloth slightly moistened with water.
- Close the Front Cover and attach the ADF.
- Plug the power cord back into the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
- Do one of the following:
(For the models with machine's display (hereinafter called LCD))
When the LCD instructs you to reset the counter, follow the instructions on the display.
(For the models without LCD)
- Open the Front Cover.
- Press for about five seconds until the machine beeps to reset the Periodic Cleaning Counter.